KEYSTART LOW DEPOSIT HOME LOANS
Thanks to SmoothStart, first home ownership in regional West Australia has never been easier. We can help you find and assess a range of low deposit home loan options such as the Keystart home loan, to ensure you are making the right choice when it comes to getting into your brand new home.
What is a Keystart home loan?
The Keystart ‘Low Deposit’ home loan is a variable interest rate which can be used by owner-occupiers to buy an established home or build a new one. As of January 2017, Keystart have relaxed their rules to allow even more West Australians achieve their dreams of homeownership.
The income and property purchase price limit in regional West Australia is now $500,000 and is available to:
- Singles earning up to $110,000
- Couples earning up to $135,000
- Families earning up to $135,000
What are the main advantages of Keystart loans?
Some of the most attractive features of choosing a Keystart home loan as a first homebuyer include:
- A 2% deposit of the property purchase price: Of which only 1% needs to be genuine savings and your First Home Owner Grant can contribute towards.
- No mortgage insurance required: No LMI (Lenders Mortgage Insurance) typically required by mainstream lenders is charged, which can save you $8,000 to $10,000.
- Reduced monthly repayments during Construction*: Reduces you end loan amount, so if you are building a new home you only have to pay $50 per week during the construction period*.
- Loans to those who have had defaults or been bankrupt
Additional options for regional homebuyers
For regional homebuyers in West Australia, there is also an additional option for a Keystart Country Home Loan. This can assist farmers and rural business owners throughout regional, rural and remote West Australia attain affordable finance for their home.
This finance can go towards the purchase a new property, renovation of an existing home or the build a new home on an existing property. It also allows farmers and regional business owners to assist in buying or build a new home for either themselves or their dependents and/or employees.
Let SmoothStart help
At SmoothStart Regional, we want to help you get into your brand new home sooner than you ever thought possible. Working with our network of experienced regional first home finance brokers who can access a range of options like Keystart, we will let you know if you qualify and start you on the road to home ownership.
Let Regional SmoothStart help you through the entire Keystart application process. Start by filling out an enquiry form and our team of experienced professionals will be in touch to further assist you.